SEEING HOMES - THE PROCESS
WHEN WE FIND HOUSES THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE, HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS:
- I will use our MLS system to put together an optimal route and timetable.
- I call the listing agent for each home to see if the time and day we want is acceptable.
- The listing agent will call the sellers to find out.
- The sellers will either agree or suggest an alternative time/date.
- The listing agent will call me back to confirm or change.
- I then confirm the showing plan.
AS YOU PROBABLY KNOW, WHEN THEY KNOW THEIR HOUSE WILL BE SHOWN, MOST SELLERS WILL:
- Mow the lawn,
- Pick up everything that is out of place,
- Clean the house.
SO, A FEW SUGGESTIONS:
- Plan 1-2 days in advance if you can. (But don't hesitate to ask if you really want to see a home soon!)
- Don't change the plan once made, unless necessary.
- Rate each home we see on a 1-5 scale, with 5 being a "buy it today" and a 1 meaning that it is not in consideration.
- Take notes on the sheets I will provide each time we go to look at homes.
- If you don't like a home, totally forget it! Otherwise, you won't remember the ones you liked!
- I will note your reaction to each home we see, as well as my own, to give feedback to the listing agent.
- I recommend taking a camera with us. Take a picture of the mailbox or house number as your first picture. Later, when you review, you will know the start and end of each house.
- As we come close to a final decision, we can go back and take another look.