NEW CONSTRUCTION IN LOUISVILLE KY
It is always exciting to look at new houses. And, in a developing subdivision, you can see the various construction stages from digging the basement to the finished house.
Some of these listings are “spec” homes. Many are not quite finished and the new owner has the choice of colors, carpet, etc. Some of these listings are simply proposed houses to be built. On many of these listings, you can see that they have a “model” home. The model houses are there to show you the possibilities and options of what your new home could be. And, it may be open through the week as well as the weekends.
This is another time that you should use a Realtor® to represent you. Your real estate agent will know the ropes and get you the house you desire with the least hassle.
Newest style that is modern and up-to-date
Tailor made for you
This may be as simple as choosing the paint colors. Or, it could truly be a custom, one-of-a-kind home that will require a lot of consultation with an architect and the builder. The Hollinden Team wrote a blog about buying new construction homes.
Maintenance for a few years should be a non-issue as the house and all appliances in it are new. Most new homes are covered by a 1-year warranty.
Options at purchase
- Basement could be unfinished for the buyer to do later, or negotiated in the deal. The mortgage could cover all of it, without waiting a few years to accumulate cash to finish the basement.
- The landscaping may be of your choosing
- The size of the deck and materials used
- Choice of paint and finishes throughout the house
- Floor coverings including carpet, type of hardwood, ceramic tile, vinyl, etc.
- And of course, many more
- Closing cost may be deducted.
- Mortgage interest is deductible.
- Mortgage credit certification is possible.
There can be many more initial costs.
- For example, what about drapes, window coverings or blinds. If the windows are a special size, expect to pay more.
- Landscaping is usually done with small plants that will take a few years of growth to look good and usually not near enough plants.
- Appliances that may not have been included in the deal; for example the range and refrigerator.
- More construction noise and traffic around for a few years until the subdivision is built up.
- There will be a few bugs to work out. The good news is that most should be covered by the builder’s warranty.
Below, you can see all the new construction located by area. Clicking on any area will show you current new construction detailing the specifications on each house and pictures. Some may be open houses or model homes. It may be a good idea to print out each house that you will visit. This will give you a reference on your visit to the house. Your Louisville area Realtor® will be able to help.
Also, on each area link, I have described the Louisville area boundaries.