photo PREPARATION CHECKLIST for Louisville homes
The photographs of your home are the most important part of making a great first impression. Completing this checklist before the photographer arrives makes the process go faster and smoother. Please use this checklist to help you prepare your home for that crucial first impression.
- Turn on all lamps and overhead lighting in the home.
- Replace all missing or burnt out light bulbs.
- Raise all blinds to the mid-way point of the windows.
- Hide all remote controls.
- Move cords out of site. (Lamp, extension, computer, etc.)
- Remove all personal photos.
- Stop all ceiling fans.
- Clear home office of all clutter. Box up loose papers.
- Remove all items out of the shower and bath.
- Remove all items from the bathroom counter tops.
- Close the lids to all toilets.
- Remove all floor mats and area rugs in the bathrooms and kitchen.
- Clear all items off bedside tables.
- Avoid hiding items under the beds. They will be seen in the photograph.
- For you family's safety, remove children's names from their bedroom.
- The images of their room will be posted on the MLS. (People shouldn't know your address and your children's names.)
- Be sure any pets are contained in an area of the house that will not be photographed. (garage or utility room)
- Remove any signs that you have pets. (crates, food and water bowls, litter box, etc.)
- Remove all dishes from the sink.
- Remove all appliances and clutter from kitchen counters.
- Remove all magnets and items off the surface of the refrigerator.
- Move any cars that are in the driveway down the street or in the garage.
- Move outside trash cans and hoses to the garage or at the end of the drive, near the street.
- Move BBQ grill into the garage.
- Cut the grass and spruce up landscaping.
Credit for this checklist goes to Barry Westerman of Louisville Real Estate Photography. Check out his site at http://www.louisvillerealestatephotography.com/